The registered trademark name, Incoloy, is applied as the prefix name to several highly corrosion resistant high temperature strength metal alloys produced by Special Metals Corporation. These Incoloy alloys or superalloys are nickel-based alloys that exhibit traits that include good corrosion resistance in aqueous environments, excellent strength and oxidation resistance in high-temperature settings, good creep-rupture strength, and ease of fabrication.
The corrosion-resistant superalloys are widely used in extreme environments where tremendous heat and corrosion resistance is paramount to the integrity of the end product. Chemical and petrochemical processing, power plants, and oil and gas industries widely use these superalloys.
Alloys of identical chemical and mechanical properties are available from other manufacturers and offer excellent alternatives to the various Incoloy brand alloys.
What are the Characteristics of Incoloy?
Good corrosion resistance in aqueous environments
· Excellent strength resistance in high-temperature settings
· Excellent oxidation and carburization resistance in high-temperature settings
· Good creep-rupture strength
· Ease of fabrication
In what Applications are Incoloy alloys used?
· Process piping, heat exchangers, carburizing equipment, heating-element sheathing, nuclear steam-generator tubing
· Chemical and petrochemical processing, power plants, industrial furnaces, heat-treating equipment
· Pollution-control equipment, oil and gas well piping, nuclear fuel reprocessing, acid production, pickling equipment
Superalloys, also known as high performance alloys, have become the steel of choice for corrosion resistance and versatility.
*Incoloy® is a registered trademark of Special Metals Corporation group of Companies.
Anton supplies Incoloy 20, Incoloy 28, Incoloy 205, Incoloy 330, Incoloy 800, Incoloy 800H, Incoloy 800HT, Incoloy 801, Incoloy 802, Incoloy 825, Incoloy 840, Incoloy 901, Incoloy 903, Incoloy 907, Incoloy 909, Incoloy 925, Incoloy 926, Incoloy 945 and Incoloy A-286 in the form of plate, sheet, strip, bar, foil, wire, pipe, and tube.